Accessibility statement for The King Edward Centre.
This website is run by Chatteris Community Centre Association. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How Accessible is this Website?
Some parts of this website may not be fully accessible:
- Some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Videos may not have captions.
- You can’t modify the line height or spacing of text.
What to do if you can’t Access Parts of this Website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details on our contact us page. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 working days.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page, or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical Information about this Website’s Accessibility
Chatteris Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
- There may be pages with read more / click here links.
- Some of our documents are not fully accessible
- For example, we have scanned some PDF documents on our website. Scanned PDF documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018, but these documents can be provided in an alternative format, or on alternative media, on request.
- Other PDF and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards as they may not be structured scorrectly, so they’re not accessible to a screen reader.
- Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader.
- Videos may not have captions.
We will do all we can to identify content that is non-compliant.
We have not identified any areas that we believe constitute a disproportionate burden.
Content that’s not within the Scope of the Accessibility Regulations
Not all documents on this website are created by us. Some documents and content may be created by third parties or using third party software and may not be accessible to some people. We will always provide the information by alternative means on request.
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards, for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
How we Tested this Website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement using the Wave and Lighthouse tools.
We tested a number of pages that included a wide range of functionality from this website. This included our home page and online form.
This statement was prepared on 07 July 2021 and was last reviewed on 07 July 2021.